Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Hambo Hoedown Coffee Girl Challenge


The challenge over at Hambo Stamps this week is to use the Coffee Girl digi (which they sent for free to everyone who danced in the Hoedown last week) and to use the sketch provided at www.hambochallenges.blogspot.com.

Going with the coffee theme, I decided to print the digi on Kraft paper. I cut her out and pieced a little PP dress on her from a Heidi Grace pad. It looks like a sundress to me so I continued with the pinks & limes. I tried something new (I was really in the coffee spirit!) and made a pleated ruffle from a coffee filter! I think it turned out cute.
Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

Timbo said...

What an awesome idea to print the image on Kraft paper! Neat trick. Great card!

Thanks for playing the Hoedown!

Paula S. said...

I love how you've used the kraft paper in this card Sherry. It looks great with the white and the splashes of color!

Judy Rozema said...

Super cute! Love the pleat! Thanks for sharing and playing at the Hoedown!

AllisonG said...

What a great idea to use a coffee filter!

Hannah Clark said...

I LOVE how you pleated the coffee filter! This is just so cute! Thanks for joining us at Hambo Hoedown!

Cora said...

I love this image. Unfortunately I didn't do the last challenge so I didn't get this one. I read about your coffee filter on OWH. It is adorable. Way cute card

Cora said...

Hi Sherry. I was just reading your comment on my blog. I have lots of Hambo images. They have more than a few $ of my money. I guess I just wasn't interested in the free images they were giving us to work with. But I have never seen a coffee image I didn't like. I may have to buy this one. . Thanks for visiting my blog

Sincerely, Ree said...

Sherry! What a great idea..coffee filter! Cute card!
It made me think of Hawaiian Kona Coffee....YUMMY!

Unknown said...

The filter is a fantastic touch and i love your paper pieced dress too.