Friday, May 13, 2011

Balloon Girl: Hambo Hoedown Challenge - Paper piecing

This week's challenge at the Hambo Hoedown www.hambochallenges.blogspot.com is to use paper piecing and bold, bright colors with their cute new balloon girl digi! I had a lot of fun with this card.
Here are the details:
All papers from Bazzill Basic's "Grandma's Feather Bed"*
(*a really nice pack that includes pp and matching card stock)
Stampin' Up Square Lattice embossing folder (used on basket)
Glossy Accents
Copics and Marvy LePlume markers
EK Success border punch
Hero Arts stick-on flowers

I printed the digi onto 4 different papers, printed and solid. Each piece of the balloon is pieced from different paper. I cut out the image and popped it up on the background with Scotch foam tape. I hand drew the clouds and birds in the background.
Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

Linda W. said...

Beautiful balloon Sherry! Great job of paper piecing; I love this!

Silli said...

Wonderful card, love the papers, love the clouds, great idea! Thanks for joining us at Hambo Hoedown!

Unknown said...

Super cute! I like your scalloped edge.

Gloria said...

Wow you did an awesome job on your paperpiecing. That was a lot of work printing and cutting all those papers. I love the clouds and the wavy edge. You hand drew the clouds!! Great job. Thanks for sharing P. S. I am off to check out the book. You are a very talented lady.

Monica Hunter said...

Your hand-drawn clouds look GREAT! And I LOVE the paper choices for the balloon. Beautifully done!! :)

Mary G. said...

Sherry, this is fabulous! LOVE those papers! I'll have to hunt down that pack! Great clouds, too!!!

Hannah Clark said...

This is so cute! I love the clouds and those sweet little flowers! Thanks for joining us at Hambo Hoedown!

Judy Rozema said...

Wonderful paper piecing and such a cute design! So glad you played in the Hoedown this week~!