Thursday, May 26, 2011

Green cheese moon!


Each week Hambo Stamps gives a free digi to those who participated in the previous week's Hambo Hoedown! This week's new digi is "Moonscape" and I combined it with another Hambo digi called Geronimouse! These and other fun, funny and punny images are at www.hambostamps.com!
My background paper is by Paper Pizazz, with little gold star stickers added. I added texture by using Sakura puff pens on the "parachutes" and white Stickles on the Moonscape. I created the sentiment. On the inside of the card it says "Dream Big!"
I was curious so I looked up the expression "the moon is made of green cheese". Turns out, it's quite ancient, having started with a fable of a person or animal seeing the reflection of the moon in a pond, thinking it was a wheel of cheese, and jumping in to try to get it. Ha! I never knew. The expression "green" cheese means soft cheese not quite ripe!! I love finding out where expressions came from.
I hope you like these 3 happy Geronomice landing in cheese heaven! It was fun to combine two Hambo digis to tell a story!

6 comments:

AllisonG said...

I absolutely LOVE it, Sherry! You did a phenomenal job on the card and your idea was "uber" creative.

Unknown said...

The Stickles in the craters are terrific touches.

Cora said...

This is your test

Karin said...

Over the top cute and creative! I love the green cheese idea with these darling mice! Thanks for playing at the Hoedown this week!

Monica Hunter said...

Ooh, I LOVE all those sparkles in the craters! And I had to LOL at the mice parachuting in. Great combination of images! Thanks for sharing the fun! :)

Mary G. said...

Great job! LOVE the green cheese moon and the sparkly bits. This has beena fun challenge- I'm loving everyone's take on this image!