Saturday, July 9, 2011

Strawberries with a vintage French flair!


This is my second week playing in the Designed 2 Delight weekly freebie progressive challenge & I got mixed up with one of their other challenges that asked for a French or vintage flair! But, you know, it was a challenge and I enjoyed it. Strawberries are very romantic, oui?
Here are my ingredients:
Designed 2 Delight strawberries digi
DP: "toile" type DP is Recollections "Elegance" Printed Cardstock Paper (a
gorgeous 25-sheet pack I spotted at Michael's yesterday; love love it)
Paris map paper from Me & My Big Ideas "Journey" 5x7 Mat Pad
Black script paper: stash
Eiffel Tower and "amour" rubber stamps: Stampin' Up set
Victoria lace trim: Stampin' Up
Copics
Ranger Distress Ink in Orange Marmalade
Tim Holtz distress tool
Black sticker embellies from Joann's
Sometimes I remember to add my watermark, lol; it was made for me by Whimsy Stamps.
I'm also posting this card at Flourishes' Farm Fresh Challenge. This strawberry digi is so beautiful and what could be fresher than strawberries?
Come back and visit again soon. I love company and love your comments.

7 comments:

Judie said...

Hi Sherrey,
Love both of these cards, your strawberry card it lushish.
Happy crafting
Judie

Dixie Cochran said...

This beautiful card makes me want to go back to Paris!

dstandard said...

Beautiful card - love the berries on here! Thanks for playing at Designed 2 Delight!

Stacy Morgan said...

Creative spin on the french theme and those strawberries really look great against the b/w combo. Thanks for playing in FLourishes Farm Fresh Challenge.

Hetty said...

What a lovely take on all the challenges you have come up with, Sherry.

Leslie Miller said...

Fresh, homegrown strawberries say "love" to me every time I pop one in my mouth! Those red berries look all the more mouthwatering against your black & white background. So glad you could join us for Flourishes' Farm Fresh Challenge!

Jennifer McGee said...

Love how you combined both challenges this week at Designed 2 Delight! Those strawberries look good enough to eat.