Thursday, August 18, 2011

Autumn Inchies etc.


I made this card for the Operation Write Home Midweek Throwdown; the challenge is to use inchies. I used one clear stamp from an InkAdinkAdo set. I inked it with various color stamp pads and then added some other colors with Copics. It's one of those cards that was almost a train wreck but I think the inchies are pretty. Not satisfied, tho, and trying to make some autumn cards to send to Dixie at OWH, I made another inchie card, using a leaf stamp from the same set:

And just to share the other card I made today, using the same stamp I used for the first card and a different sentiment from the same set:

9 comments:

Jan Hunnicutt said...

These are wonderful! I was wowed by the first one, it's ok to leave it alone :) Thanks for playing in our Operation Write Home challenge!

Jen M said...

I love them all! Great job!

Donna Hanley said...

Sherry, I love these cards, especially the first one. It looks so pretty. I try to make that type of card every so often because I love the look, but yours is one of the best I've seen. It really looks like we are looking through a window. The other two cards are also beautiful. The sentiment on your last card here is terrific. I need to find time to make a ThrowDown card tonight.

Judie said...

Hi Sherry
What awesome cards, love the fall colors, just great.

Judie

AllisonG said...

I love your inchies! The first one I especially like...I never thought to take one image and cut it into inchies. Funny, I've always just thought to find stamps small enough to fit on an inchie. It's great when others get me to think outside my box - THANKS for the inspiration.

Jeanne J. said...

Sherry - I loved the first card. It's almost like looking out a window and seeing a beautiful fall scene of the leaves changing. Really pretty and so clever!

Ronni Unger said...

I love your card! I like how the content flows from one square to another - great idea!

Kathryn said...

Beautiful! Your inchies remind me of looking out a paned window.

I also like your blog redesign. I hope I'm not too late in noticing it!

Deborah R said...

I love how your first card turned out...I'll have to try that some time! So fun!