Saturday, October 29, 2011

Hambo Newscaster card

The challenge over at the Hoedown this week (Hambo Stamps) is to use this fun new Newscaster digi with NEWSPRINT. When I read through our local paper and saw this article about the "Older Electorate" I thought that it was perfect for a funny birthday card! So here's the newscaster broadcasting the birthday news from this little flat screen TV. I put a piece of sheer plastic over it so it would look more like a TV screen. One of my favorite little touches is the green sticker brad, which looks like the "On" light on our TV! This was so much fun; check out the Hoedown if you want to take part in this weekly progressive challenge!
Now, back to your regularly scheduled broadcast...thanks for visiting!

5 comments:

Donna Hanley said...

Sherry You're a genious. This card is outstanding. I, too, love the "of/off" switch and your diamond plate goes perfect with the whole design. Wonderful card. Thanks so much for sharing.

She's a Color Queen said...

Marvelous!! I love the used of the metal shape at the bottom, maybe it's metallic paper? Whatever, LOVE the card! Thanks for joining us at the Hoedown this week!

AllisonG said...

Too clever, Sherry! I'm going to attack the Hambo Challenge tonight. I picked up a newspaper at the library called "Senior News" so I may find something good for a birthday card in there, too. Wish me luck!

Hey Hey Paula said...

Sherry, I love your big screen TV card. Clever way to use this image.

helloholley said...

OMGoodness Sherry!!! I really love this card.....adorable and funny at the same time!!! ;)