Monday, October 24, 2011

Inspired Stamps October Challenge cont'd.

So I used the same cute David's Shepherd from Inspired Stamps and paper pieced again, but with a different palette. It's still kind of an experiment, tho -- a Christmas card w/o red or green! The DPs are from DCWV's Linen Closet stack. I stamped the face and hands on kraft paper. I stamped the eyes and the little lamb on white paper, fussy cut. Colored the eyes with copics and added Glossy Accents. I just love those big eyes! I used an EK Success border punch, teal floss and string on the belly band.
I like the gentle feel of this card; I hope you do, too!
Thanks for stopping by.

6 comments:

Laurel Weeks said...

Sherry, this is wonderful! It's great to see Christmas cards in non-traditional palettes - something I'd like to explore more - and in this case the soothing palette is so appropriate to the shepherd and sheep theme. Clever use of kraft paper! BTW I'm giving the grand-nieces and nephews your book for Christmas because they refer to me as "the card aunt". Thanks for ALL your great ideas!

Donna Hanley said...

Sherry, This card is beautiful. I, too, like the gentle feel of this card. What a marvelous job you did with your coloring and to think to use kraft paper--- great ideas. Love that background paper also and the little blue embellishment. All around great job.

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful card Sherry, the image is adorable and I like the non traditional colours.
Kevin xx

Sherry Hickey said...

I love how Kevin of McCrafty's Cards in the UK spells "colours." I highly recommend you visit his blog to see his wonderful cards!

John VanMulders said...

Non traditional colors are always a pleasant change and surprise. Great card.

B said...

This is such a sweet card! Love the colors!