Monday, October 24, 2011

Inspired Stamps Oct. Challenge- my B&W palette

I like this silver & black star paper so much; it inspired me to try a "black and white" palette for a Christmas card. I wasn't sure it would work, but I think it has a kind of elegant Christmas effect.
First I used Inspired Stamps' David's Shepherd clear stamp (love it), Memento ink, and used a Nesties Labels die.
Then I stamped on a few striped DPs from my stash, fussy cut and paper pieced the image. I colored the face and staff with Copics, adding Glossy Accents to the eyes. I haven't heat embossed in a long time. I used my Recollections Noel rubber stamp and white opaque embossing powder. I don't usually use Stickles on my cards for OWH, but I wanted to bling this one up, so I added a border of Diamond Stickles to the image and the flower to give it a Christmas sparkle.
My next post is a 2nd card I made for the October challenge. Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

B said...

What a beautiful card! Love the paper piecing and the way you colored the eyes