Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Thank You card for OWH Midweek Throwdown

The Midweek Throwdown challenge at Operation Write Home is to make thank you cards for our heroes to send home to their loved ones. The challenge is in appreciation of Dixie, who recently retired as our East Coast shipper! Yay, Dixie!
I went with my favorite vintage style for my thank you card:

The dress form image is DP from My Mind's Eye "Lost & Found" 6x6 DP Pad. The small rectangle DP piece is from Cosmo Cricket "Odds & Ends". Sorry, I don't have the name/maker of the background DP. The lace trim & button are from Stampin' Up. The sentiment is done in an alphabet set I recently got from Inspired Stamps. I really like the font. I double stamped it, first in SU Crumb Cake and then Memento Black on top.
Thanks for visiting!

13 comments:

Samantha said...

Gorgeous card, Sherry! I really like they way you tied off the ribbon with the button! I must try that!

Paula S. said...

Great card Sherry. Nice job combining image, paper and embellishments. You always do "vintage" so well! Happy New Year!

Donna Hanley said...

Sherry, I love this one. More and more vintage is becoming a fav of mine, but I really have to work at perfecting it. Sometimes my "antique finish" just looks dirty. I'll keep trying though. I love your image and that button looks so sweet (like one from my grandmother's button jar). All around beautiful card.

AllisonG said...

Such a pretty card, Sherry! I love looking at vintage cards, but I'm not very good at making them. You are though!!!

Linda said...

Beautiful tribute. I think the background is October Afternoon. How inspiring!

Bernardine Cuttino said...

Love the chic shabby. Beautiful dp and design. Happy New Year!

Jen M said...

Gorgeous, Sherry! You rock the shabby chic style. :)

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous vintage card Sherry,I like the papers, I hope you had a good christmas.
Kevin xx

Unknown said...

Terrific card. I love the piercing. I love your vintage style cards best.

Dixie Cochran said...

Sherry, I love your "vintage" style!! I'll miss seeing your cards in real life too! You make gorgeous cards! Happy New Year!

StampTramps said...

Nice job, love the lacy ribbon!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Sherry this is a gorgeous card! I love the way you've used the ribbon and button together, nice! :) Thanks for playing in our thank you challenge at Operation Write Home!

Lee Mae said...

Hi Sherry, your card is lovely! I too like the lace ribbon with the button. I also like the dress form image and the way it is incorporated into the card.