Thursday, February 23, 2012

A card to remember Alice

My dear mother-in-law, Alice Hickey, would have been 100 years old today. She was the most wonderful MIL a girl could hope for! I miss her.

The image is from Digital Two for Tuesday. I could have used it black & white, but I decided to color it with a monochromatic palette (Copics: BG10, BG15, BG18).
DP: My Mind's Eye "Lost & Found - Market Street" (6x6 DP pad).
I just found these yummy little crochet flowers at Michael's today; I could only find one package! Love them.
I hope a hero's Mom will like this one!

5 comments:

Donna Hanley said...

Such a nice card sherry. You picked good colors to go with.

Lee Mae said...

Beautiful card, Sherry. I like the colors you chose and that little crocheted flower. Thanks for playing in our Midweek Throwdown Challenge at Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps!
~Lee Mae
Operation Write Home
MWT Assistant

AllisonG said...

What a lovely card, Sherry! I love how you colored the image in monochromatic colors. I think it really makes it stand out. You were so lucky to have a wonderful mother-in-law. My husband's parents were deceased before I met him. It sounds like you all were very close.

Cynthia T said...

Sherry, rest assured any Mom would love receiving this card! The vintage look is one of my faves and the shading in the colored image is beautiful ;)

CARO said...

Such a soft, pretty card. Isn't Digital Two for Tuesday a great site!