Thursday, November 8, 2012

Retro Toaster

I really like Hambo's new Toaster digi; it has such a cool retro look. The Hambo Hoedown challenge this week is to use gingham or checkerboard and/or burnt/sooty edges. I tried to do a bit of both with a bit of gingham paper and distressed/inked edges. My toaster got a tiny ding before the Glossy Accents fully dried, argh. I like the vintage wallpaper look of the Authentique Delights DP. Thanks, Hambo, for a great digi for OWH cards--both Valentines and "love you" cards!
Tim is the talented illustrator at Hambo Stamps and today is his birthday! Happy Birthday, Tim!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute! I love the retro feel of the whole card! The blue is awesome!

THanks for joining the Hoedown!

Lyn

luvmycards.blogspot.com said...

I Love the turquoise blue retro color!! Boy does that bring back memories~ great colors, great layout! Thanks for playing with us at Hambo Hoedown!
Carolyn, DT

Dixie Cochran said...

OHHHH!!!! I love that toaster!! Your card is a terrific setting for it too!!

Timbo said...

Thanks! I had a great birthday!

croppinmama said...

Sherry, Just read the OWH post showcasing your talent! I love your style and love of retro/vintage images, too but have been too chicken to attempt coloring them. So nice that you are sharing your gifts and creative cardmaking skills to bless our military members. Thanks for a grateful Navy wife and fellow OWHer!

Paula S. said...

This is so cute Sherry! It reminds me of my Grandma's kitchen. The gingham piece is such a clever way to create a surface so the toaster isn't just floating. Fun!

helloholley said...

I love these colors and cute little stamp too!! Great card Sherry! ;)

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Oh Sherry! This is so cute, I love how you've given your toaster shine!

Thanks for playing in our Hambo Hoedown this week!