Tuesday, May 20, 2014

"All About Him" at A Vintage Journey

Welcome! The new challenge theme at A Vintage Journey is "All About Him." For this card I tried some of the stenciling and masking techniques I learned both at Tim Holtz' blog and at A Vintage Journey. I'm enjoying trying new techniques on this vintage journey! Nearly every product I used is by Tim Holtz, with the exception of the gear dies, clock brad, "one way" sticker, Dad and rubber stamps on the background paper:

 I love vintage cardmaking for the fun and creative challenge; it's a nice change for me from my primary activity of making cards for our heroes through Operation Write Home. Most of these vintage type cards are too thick with embellies to qualify for OWH. They nestle in a shoebox until I decide how to use them! Thanks for visiting and I hope you're having fun on your own vintage journey!
Sherry
 


3 comments:

S@ndy Diller said...

Love this Sherry - you have stepped out of your comfort zone in a very beautiful way. Great card and the new techniques you tried are a big success. Thanks for joining us at A Vintage Journey.

Meggymay said...

Wonderful vintage card, love all the details and grungy colours.
Yvonne

Redanne said...

This really is a wonderful masculine card Sherry, I love how you brought all the elements together to create a beautiful vintage looking card. Thanks so much for joining in our 'All About Him' challenge at A Vintage Journey. Anne x